There seem to be quite a few people asking how to use a UINavigationController within a UITabbarController so I decided to put together this very quick tutorial. We will build a very small (useless) app which will consist of the following…
- A tab bar with two tab bar items
- The first tab item will have a standard view controller
- The second tab item will have a view controller backed by a navigation controller
- A button which pushes a new view onto the nav controller
- All of these views will be bound together programatically in the app delegate.
So our application won’t do much – but you’ll get to see one way of making it all fit together. Okay, here goes. Continue reading